We are open for worship Sunday:
8am St Mary Magdalene – 9.30am St John the Evangelist – 11am St Mary Magdalene.
First Sunday in the month:
6pm Hope and Remembrance Service at St Mary Magdalene for those who have been bereaved.
As a group of ordinary people – despite worshipping an extraordinary God – we make mistakes, don’t always agree, will never know all the answers to life’s questions but we try to be open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit in how we live each day.
We worship at St Mary Magdalene on the Market Place and St John the Evangelist on Nottingham Rd. We are part of the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham in the Church of England.
If you would like to join us for worship or any of our activities, would like info about baptism and weddings, or visit our historic buildings then contact us.
St Mary Magdalene with St John the Evangelist Churches take their duty and obligation to protect all, extremely seriously. We have adopted the national Church of England’s robust procedures and guidelines.
Parish Safeguarding Officer: Margaret Hosking
Diocesan Safeguarding Officer:
For further information see our Safeguarding page.
If you would like to talk with someone independently, please call the Safe Spaces helpline on 0300 303 1056 or email: email@example.com
July 2021 COVID guidelines for STMM with STJE:
The health and safety of all who come to St Mary Magdalene’s and St John’s is very important to us. We are keen to support the government’s recommendations for caution and care.
For the continued safety of all who join us for worship, or to explore our heritage, we will be keeping some measures in place:
• Hand sanitiser will continue to be available.
• Please respect people’s need for space.
• Please wear masks (unless exempt) when moving around the church but when seated people can remove them.
• Please wear face masks when we sing.
Refreshments are served at STMM:
• Masks to be worn by people preparing and serving refreshments.
• People to be seated while drinking etc.
Refreshments at STJE: to be discussed.
The Parish Office is open at the John Godber Centre but booking sessions are by appointment only. Contact us to book a session, make enquiries about services, weddings, baptisms or funerals, by calling Church Secretary Chantelle on 07538 735103.
23rd January 2022 reflection – TO FOLLOW
23rd January 2022 pew leaflet for St Mary Magdalene and St John the Evangelist
23rd January 2022 ‘Activity Time’, children’s reflection, prayers, puzzle, and activities from ©ROOTS for Churches Ltd
• Click here to make a secure online donation to Christian Aid
• Daily Hope free phone line from the Archbishop of Canterbury
• Hucknall CofE Faith Group Facebook page (private group for church members)
• ACCs COVID-19 Crisis Counselling Support Service